Re: Maestrazgo

Thank you so much for sharing this with me Chris!  Great to be transported through your blog.  
Big Hugs
Enid


On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 7:11 AM Chris Wright <elingles2121@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Friends,

Today it is a great pleasure that I have to present you with my BlogSpot.  It has taken many years and effort to bring this special page to your attention. Many years of hope that perhaps one day I could share it with you, your families and friends. 

My first visits to this region began many years ago and for that amount of time I have kept it a secret in general. 
Why?
Because it is like so many places in the world that are so 'special' they have to be guarded and free from exploitation the Maestrazgo has, until now, been such. 

This is the real Spain that has been isolated to a degree for centuries and by, thank goodness, its name. Maestrazgo (prounced My-strath-go) is not an easy word for most visitors from outside of Spain. Also it has not the attraction for many families who are accustomed to beaches and blue seas. And more importantly it is not, as far as I know, included in any of the brochures of the travel agencies.
 
So for people like myself, who love wild scenery (mountains, valleys, gorges with trout filled rushing waters) together with an abundance of wildlife it is exceptional. Its people, and there are only around three thousand plus in the whole of the one thousand twelve hundred square kilmetres, are completely unique. Here I would mention that the area is also known, with reason, as 'The Labirynth of Silence'. Naturally a little wary of strangers at first but quickly warming to them with a healthy curiosity, I have always found captivating, its inhabitants are charming.

And finally, as this region has been for centuries dedicated to mainly agriculture, the food is reminiscent of 'Home Cooking' with everything produced in the area and plenty of it!

So my friends, here is my BlogSpot with my very best wishes together with a firm promise to personally assist any of you or your friends that are interested in anything whatsoever to do with the Maestrazgo. My twentyfive years of experience is at your disposal.

Introduction Maestrazgo


Next excursion
https://friendsofthespanishmaestrazgo.blogspot.com/p/next-excursion.html

Comments